7 Features Of A Strong Doctoral Thesis To Consider
The doctoral thesis will take a year or longer to complete. It will require hours of research and writing and will ultimately be the most important paper of your academic career. The topic will need to be approved, you will need to research it, you will need to write it, and then you will argue it before the selected committee. There are 7 features that every strong doctoral thesis has that you need to consider.
7 Features of a Strong Doctoral Thesis
- The hypothesis is easy to understand and the writer never loses track of what he or she is trying to prove as the paper unfolds. Every single support can be traced back to this simple and strong thesis easily.
- The writer uses solid standard sources from the field, yet still implements new ideas on the industry. The piece is a perfect mix of the old and the new theories important in the field.
- The piece is well organized with proper headings and page tags. The organization is easy to follow, therefore making the readers’ job easier to do.
- The writer knows the topic even if he or she has had professional help with the doctoral thesis. This piece will be argued, and the candidate must know the entire content like the back of his or her hand.
- All of the major parts are present in the project, no matter what the subject or the topic is. The parts are divided into three sections: The Front Matter, the Body Matter, and the Back Matter. Each section has very specific contents. For example, the Appendix A will go in the Back Matter, the Chapters will be placed in the Body Matter, and items such as the title page and dedication will be found in the Front Matter. Your faculty advisor can give you the specifics for what to include in each section.
- Write your introduction last once you have finished the entire piece. Do this because ideas will change as you work your way through the research and writing process.
- A smart candidate will use the apps that are available to make virtual boards. These virtual mark-up boards can help you to arrange, and if necessary move content as you gather and write it. Many of these apps are free or low charge, and quite efficient.